3 Easy Ways to Feel Good Right Now
Life keeps throwing stresses and responsibilities at you. No wonder we all need a little help to relieve that stress and feel good again!
Find yourself staring at the computer too long?
Here’s a simple massage trick you can do to relieve those tired eyes
- Close your eyes.
- Place your thumbs under your eyebrows, right at the inside corner of each eye socket, near the bridge of your nose.
- Press and gently move your thumbs in tiny circles, working slowly toward the outsides of your eyebrows.
- Continue this movement all around your eyes, ending up back at the bridge of your nose.
- Repeat this several times.
- Spend a little extra time at the indentation of the inner eye socket, where the bridge of the nose meets the ridge of the eyebrows. It’s an especially tender point on many people.
Are your feet tired from standing or walking all day?
Your feet deserve some attention, and here’s just the way to make them feel great
- Get a basin with warm water and submerge your feet in it for at least a few minutes.
- Gently rub your feet against each other under the water. While they soak, why not enjoy some good music or TV?
- Wipe your feet dry.
- Rub a bit of lotion or soothing essential oil on them.
- Starting at your toes and working back to your heel, gently squeeze the sole and top of your foot with your hands.
- Gently pull outward as if to lengthen each toe. As you pull, gently twist and squeeze.
- Starting at your heel and working up to just under your knee, gently squeeze your tendon and calf muscle (the back of your leg).
Most of us don’t realize how much tension we carry in our hands. Or how relaxing our hands can relax the rest of our body.
After all, the nerves in our hands and feet connect to the whole rest of our body. Even your head, neck, ears, nose, mouth and sinuses.
Because of this, some find that relaxing your hands can even relieve headaches.
Try this to relax your hands
- Use one hand to gently pull and stretch out your other hand and fingers.
- Rub each finger from the base to the tip, gently pulling and twisting each finger as you go.
- Repeat with the other hand.
- Next, rest your left hand, palm upward, on your lap. Squeeze the fleshy part of your palm between your left thumb and index finger, moving from your wrist to the base of your thumb.
- Now squeeze that web between your left index finger and thumb several times, looking for any tender points.
- Then rub the entire palm with your right thumb, applying firm pressure and using gliding strokes from the wrist to the base of each finger.
- Repeat this process on your right hand.
Stressed out people neglect themselves.
We all need to make time to take care of our own body.
Of course it feels great, you get deeper relaxation and expert help…from a trained massage therapist.
You deserve a massage. And you deserve to feel great again.
Life takes it out of you. I’d love to help you put it back in.
How can I help you personally?
Call me at 303-920-2350 with any questions, concerns or to find out how massage and essential oils can make life better for you.
by Sarah Shropshire
LMT, Essential Oil and Business Consultant