It’s an all natural, non-toxic mix that disinfects, sanitizes, kills germs and …

It’s all with a fresh, clean scent.

Many years ago, I use to clean and disinfect and make my house “smell clean” with harsh, toxic chemicals. I used Bleach, Lysol, (I’m actually forgetting some that I used) …well whatever we could buy that would kill anything… but I developed a strong reaction to those chemicals.

I wouldn’t just get a headache but actually start gagging, choking and nearly vomiting until I would run outside (no matter the temperature, and yes I had things ventilated). But all I knew to clean the bathroom and kitchen, etc to make it “clean” was to use these chemicals. That is what I was taught.

Thankfully, nearly 20+ years ago I was introduced to something that made a huge difference for my family. I devoured every publication and attended whatever class I could to learn more (before Google). Now I am able to clean without those violent reactions and headaches. Whew…

If you are looking for some other great ways to “green clean”, check out the book by Deirdre Imus “Green This!”.

Cleaning Green became important to me for many reasons. Back in 2006, I was helping a colleague educate schools and moms to just switch a few products. I learned so much and I appreciate the years of experimenting on alternatives. I learned about the “Dirty Dozen” list and in my home and office started switching everything.

So what can this be used for, you ask? I used it for:

  • countertops
  • remote controls
  • light switches
  • toilet handles
  • faucets
  • Legos, toys
  • stinky shoes
  • mattresses, furniture, pillows (think “Frebreeze”)
  • door handles
  • trashcans
  • keyboards*
  • phones (aka smart devices)*
  • etc. aka anything that you need to clean

* make sure to spray on a rag first


Step 1: Fill a 16 oz glass spray bottle most of the way full of alcohol (70% proof or better)

When I was a child, I was allergic to rubbing alcohol. I was advised to switch and use hydrogen peroxide. I haven’t retried rubbing alcohol, as I just remember not liking what happened, so I look for another alternative – ah… yes, ethanol alcohol.

And if you are adding essential oils, you may want to invest in a good glass bottle (2-Pack Blue Glass) as the essential oils “eat” the plastic.

Step 2: add a capful (1/2-1 teaspoon) of hydrogen peroxide

According to an article by Healthline, there are several beneficial ways to usehydrogen peroxide.

I’ve used it in the bathroom and laundry. Having kids, I found it removed blood from clothing better than cold water.

And, according to the CDC, hydrogen peroxide kills yeast, fungi, viruses, bacteria and mold. I’m good with that

Step 3: add essential oils

  • 30 drops tree tea essential oil
  • 15 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 15 drops lavender essential oil
  • 15 drops of eucalyptus globulus* or pine essential oil

*there are several types of eucalyptus that have been used for respiratory support. Pine and eucalyptius globulus share many of the same properties.

This is the fun part for me. Depending on my purpose, I may even just add about 30-40 drops of Thieves essential oil, as it is a blend of five different essential oils.

Step 4: Shake to mix

Step 5: Add a label

You definitely want to make sure you label things. I found that I will forget, granted, I usually can use my nose to tell, but labels are a good thing.



 Shake your spray bottle each time, spot test if using on fabric, and spray. You should allow surfaces to remain wet for 30 seconds if you are disinfecting or if something is rather super stinking.

Life takes it out of you. I’d love to help you put it back in.

How can I help you personally?

Call me at 303-920-2350 with any questions, concerns or to find out how massage and essential oils can make life better for you.

Sarah Shropshire

Sarah Shropshire

Contact Me